Public Sector Industrial Relations (PSIR) is a branch of NSW Industrial Relations (NSW IR Group) in the NSW Treasury Cluster.
PSIR focuses on industrial relations issues specific to the NSW public sector and became part of NSW IR on 1 July 2012. Policies and publications released prior to 1 July 2012 can be found attached to Memoranda and Circulars on the Department of Premier and Cabinet website.
- To lead the development, review and evaluation of industrial relations policies, strategies and practices across the NSW public sector to ensure they align with public sector workforce requirements, workforce capabilities and best practice.
- To manage the implementation of public sector industrial relations policy and practice, ensuring they are consistent with policy objectives
- To provide support to the Minister for Industrial Relations, Cabinet and the Secretary of Treasury.
What we do
- Provide advice on industrial relations issues including wages policy, conditions of employment and the implications of industrial relations policy and practice on public sector service delivery.
- Manage public sector industrial issues, including awards, agreements and disputes that have a significant impact on service delivery.
- Lead industrial relations negotiations across the sector.
- Involvement in major industrial cases that have a sector-wide impact or set precedent.
Public Sector employees
If you are a NSW Public Sector employee seeking information about public sector conditions and entitlements, please contact your relevant Department or Agency Human Resources branch in the first instance.
Further assistance may be provided by the Public Service Commission on (02) 9272 6000 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Visit our website
The NSW Industrial Relations website contains a broad range of information and resources including:
Visit the website at www.industrialrelations.nsw.gov.au