The NSW Government is introducing a 10 per cent tax on all wagers placed by NSW residents, regardless of the location of the wagering operator.
Further details see the Point of Consumption (PoC) tax on wagering factsheet.
To read the media releases, see:
Call for submissions
A discussion paper was developed for the public to provide feedback. Submissions for this consultation have now closed.
The list of submissions received follows:
- CrownBet - Confidential
- Greyhound Racing NSW
- Harness Racing NSW/Racing NSW (joint submission) - Confidential
- Members of the public or professional punters
- NSW Bookmakers' Co-operative Ltd
- NSW Council of Social Services (NCOSS)
- On-course bookmaker
- Responsible Wagering Australia (RWA) - Confidential
- Sportsbet - Confidential
- The Coalition of Major Professional & Participation Sports (COMPPS)